After October 29, 2019, SalesPad will no longer be supporting CardControl. Additionally, the application will cease to be a PA-DSS validated solution as of this date, and therefore CardControl customers would no longer be PCI compliant.
Instead, SalesPad Desktop now offers built-in credit card processing via Nodus PayFabric. If you have questions or want more information on our credit card processing services, please contact your sales rep.
When installing CardControl on a server we currently do not have an option to install for Local Machine, it always installs for Current User. Below are instructions for copying CardControl’s connections to the local machine via Regedit so all windows users on that server have access to the connection.
Be careful when making changes to your registry, mistakes can have a large impact on your machine. Only people with experience should open Regedit.
- Create the connection in CardControl on the machine you want to rollout the connection to all users.
- Open Regedit
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CardControl\Connections
- Right click on the connection name and select Export
- Save the file to a location of your choosing
- Find the file you saved and right-click
- Select open with and choose Notepad or click Edit with Notepad++
- Edit the connection path. It varies slightly if on a 32 bit vs 64 bit machine
- 32 Bit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CardControl\Connections\MULTI]
- 64 Bit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CardControl\Connections\MULTI]
- Save the file
- Double-click on the file and click Yes on the prompt
- Click OK on the confirmation prompt
- To verify your work open regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CardControl\Connections
- Have a user log into that machine with their windows user and open CardControl. They should see that connection you created.